Bigfoot Encounters

Washington County, Nashville, Illinois
July 2010

I am going to tell this story only once, I had never planned on telling it to anyone ever, but here it goes.

My name is Floyd and I am 40 years old with no reason to make up a story like this. There is nothing to gain, nothing to lose, and I really am not trying to scare anyone. We all know there are many other things to be scared of in this world besides someone making up so crazy story about Bigfoot. I have read some really hard to believe stories about Bigfoot, but hey what ever floats your boat.

My encounter begins while on a fishing trip just south of Nashville, Illinois at Washington County Lake. It was July 22nd. 2010 I had decided to go cat fishing. After loading up the boat and all my gear I got to the ramp around 5:30 p.m. the sun was hot so after putting the boat in I headed for a cove on the north east side of the lake where the trees shaded the water.

I was anchored about 30 feet from the bank and enjoying the peace and quiet. I caught a mess of fish, and decided to fish well into the night as the catfish was biting great. It was now about 11 p.m. and things started to stomp around in the woods, I figured it was deer or coons , I could hear the rustling around not far in the woods it would make moving noises about ever 10 to 15 minutes.

I never really thought much of it and was more into catching fish then worrying about an animal in the bushes. The time had passed and I heard a splash that made the sound of a large rock being thrown into the water about 20 to 30 feet behind the boat. At first I thought someone was screwing around and threw a rock into the water.

I looked at the clock it was 1:27 a.m. now the 23rd. After thinking it over I decided it had to be a fish because for someone to be that far back into the woods they had to walk a good distance and I would have noticed a light. Plus as big as the sound of the splash was they would have to be superman to have threw a large rock that far out into the water. I continued fishing and never heard any other noises and after a bit forgot all about the splash.

As the fishing died down around 3 a.m and I decided to pack it up and head for the dock. As I was pulling the anchors out I heard a noise in the woods just from bank like something was startled when I stood up to pull the anchors. I figured I spooked a deer bedded down. I was only able to run my trolling motor on my boat because the lake has a 10 h.p. limit and my motor was bigger then 10 horses. So as I am trolling back to the dock I hear the noise of what ever I spooked in the woods moving along the edge of the wood line as I moved in the water. This went on for about 3/4/ of a mile and I was now about 100 yards from the dock. All around the dock, bait shop and bank there are street lights in the dock area and the woods thin out to none.

As I reached this area the movement in the woods stopped. Well now I was curious as what the hell animal would follow me like that. I tied off the boat and walked up to the parking lot to get the truck when I heard a grunt sound. I opened the truck door and it grunted again, so I fired up the truck and shined my head lights towards the area where the grunt came from.

To my surprise was a large set of yellow eyes in the woods as I studied them I could see them blinking and noticed they looked really high in the air 8 feet or so. Not thinking anything fearful I backed down the ramp and loaded the boat. After getting everything buttoned down and ready to head home I got in the truck and headed up the ramp. I looked for the eyes in the same area and did not see them.

Leaving the lake consists of a 20 m.p.h. speed limit and a winding road for a few miles. As I passed the check in station close to road I heard a large bang like something hit the boat, so I stopped and got out to see if I had lost something. Everything looked fine nothing fell out and as far as I could tell nothing ran into the boat like a deer or what ever.

So I got back into the truck, before pulling off I hear the noise again like something hit the boat. I hit the brake lights so light up the boat a bit and looked into the rear view. As I looked I saw what looked like a very large man standing next to the boat.

I was about to jump out and ask what the hell he was up to, when I got an eerie feeling and something just told me to drive, so I hit the gas with my eyes glued to the figure, as I took off it started towards the truck, so I hit it letting gravel fly I was up to about 35 m.p.h. when something hit the truck making the truck shake.

Well now I was done messing around and said piss on the speed limit. I guess I lost it at what speed I don't know. When I got to the highway I got out to check the truck and there was and still is a nice dent high on the passenger side bed of the truck.

I went home unloaded the boat grabbed a shotgun and headed back out there. I crept along those roads till dawn looking for whatever it was that hit my truck and never seen a thing.

I still fish there today but not alone.         

Floyd Scott

Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:14 AM

Back to Stories

Back to Bigfoot Encounters Main page
Back to Newspaper & Magazine Articles
Back to Bigfoot Encounters "What's New" page

Portions of this website are reprinted and sometimes edited to fit the standards
of this website under the Fair Use Doctrine of International Copyright Law
as educational material without benefit of financial gain.