Bigfoot Encounters

St. Johns County, St. Augustine, Florida 1984

Saturday 6 November, 1999 -- This is a report I got from the wife of a guy I work with. I have just started in researching bigfoot and I keep in contact with veteran researcher Diane Stocking who has talked with me and help me get started in the research. I've submitted this report with another organization but noticed that you don't have it yet on your web site, so here it is.
St. Augustine, Florida (St. Johns County)
When: 1984 or 85 between October or November
Area: woods/swamp on the Florida East Coast Railroad tracks.
This is a report from the wife of a guy I work with.
This is my first report since being a Bigfoot researcher.
The story as it was told to me (David Sidoti):

Around fifteen years ago me and a friend of mine were horse back riding along side the FEC Railroad tracks between SR207 and Kings Estate Rd. We were heading south towards Kings Estate Rd when we noticed a smell like something was dead.

I thought maybe it was a hog or something that died in the woods. We heard branches braking like something was in the woods, but didn't pay much attention to it.

Then the horses started to act up (horses were blowing and snorting and rearing) and I just thought that they were being bad and difficult.

As we passed that area the horses acted better and we went on down the side of the tracks still heading south, when I heard the sound of the rocks on the side of the tracks like someone walking up onto them.

I told the friend I was with, "don't walk the horse on the rocks!" and she said "I'm not!". Just then I turned to look around (she was just behind me) to see what it was. That's when we saw it.

It was about 150 yards away from us where we just passed, but standing in the middle of the railroad tracks. It was in sort of a crouched position but not all the way down, like it just saw us and froze and stared at us.

What I saw was slim and covered in reddish brown hair. It had long arms and I could see the eyes a little, it was at least 6 ½ feet tall and around 250 lbs or better with no neck.

It was getting dark out so we couldn't see any detail on the face. All the time that we saw it we had to fight with the horses to keep them under control.

They didn't want any part of whatever it was, and neither did we. So we got out of there and I never went back riding there again. It wasn't a bear. And it wasn't a man, unless he was covered in hair from head to toe.

Time of day: dusk
Prints: didn't stick around to find out
Type of day: clear/no rain
Reported by: David Sidoti, Florida Investigator

Back to Stories?
Back to What's New?
Back to Newspaper & Magazine Articles?
Main Page?

Portions of this website are reprinted and sometimes edited to fit the standards of this website
under the Fair Use Doctrine of International Copyright Law
as educational material without benefit of financial gain.
This proviso is applicable throughout the entire Bigfoot Encounters Website.